Lyx for Windows
bariserkus at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 05:30:33 UTC 2019
On 27-Oct-19 3:18 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I have a colleague with whom I would like to write a book chapter. I am under Linux, he uses Windows. Is the following advice sufficient or should I mention more points?
Lyx for windows
1- Installing TeXLive for Windows over Internet
use Custom install
and follow the proposal below the Texlive 2018 figure
Click install texlive
2- Download Current stable version 2.3.0 using standard installer LyX-230-Installer-005.exe (58 MB)
Open lyx and load the Photobiology-4th-Edition.lyx file which I will send you.
* I would recommend using Git / GitHub to both of you if you are going to work on one document. GitHub gives free private repos to researchers for non-profit work.
* For Windows, Microsoft did major updates to Windows and some versions of Windows cause issues. There are workarounds tough.
* I would recommend to consider MikTex as an alternative to TeXLive.
* I would recommend to install both MikTex and LyX for all users. Also I would recommend MikTeX to install packages on the fly without asking.
* I would recommend to install imagemagick with convert tool and define a converter from PDF to PNG with convert -density 200 -trim -quality 100 -sharpen 0x1.0 $$i $$o
* I suggest to use Sumatra PDF for PDF viewer and PDF XChange for PDF markup, edit and cropping.
* Dictionary files downloaded from the LyX installer may be corrupted. Hunspell dictionary files can be downloaded and place in the resources/dict folder manually.
* May need to edit the LyX file occasionally. I suggest to use Notepad++ for that purpose.
Please bottom-post. Start your reply here:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the lyx-users