texlive 2019 install

Wolfgang Engelmann engelmann at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Oct 14 08:31:51 UTC 2019

Am 14.10.19 um 02:31 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:
> On 10/13/19 4:47 PM, UD Kap wrote:
>> It must mean, then, that my pain threshold is much lower than Paul's,
>> because I am (usually) using linux Mint-XFCE ;-)
>>
>> E.Kaplan

>>> It's pretty painless in Linux Mint (and, presumably, Ubuntu).
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
> I have to admit that I've only used tlmgr (via its GUI) once or twice.
> I have plenty of disk space, so when I need a particular class or font
> I just install (via Synaptic) the package that contains it, and live
> with the eight zillion other things that are now installed but will
> never be used. Synaptic handles anything involving paths and
> dependencies. So my pain tolerance (currently being tested by various
> teams that I root for) generally does not come into play. :-)
>
> Paul

Thanks all of you for your responses. What I plan to do is to use for
the time being my TexLive and Lyx installation under Debian Tina on my
notebook. On the coming Friday to Sunday is the Dante Fall Meeting (see
https://www.dante.de/veranstaltungen/dante2019/Programm/) in Kirchheim,
South Germany and I will try to clarify there the issues I have. Will
report back to the Lyx User Group. Thanks for all your help and patience.

Wolfgang