LyX-2.3.3: citation issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 11 18:24:35 UTC 2019

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

> If, instead of pushing references via kbiblatex-0.7.7, you just add the
> entire .bib file to the document (Insert > List / TOC > Bib(la)TeX
> Bibliography, Add... to find and add the .bib file) and then select
> references from that, does it work? If yes, you should be good to go. If
> not, maybe that particular entry in the .bib file is malformed.

Paul,

I added the .bib file, but deleted (twice) the added bibliography list
because it appeared to now be part of the document.

That citation is now in the list in the left panel as well as in the right
panel (selected).

When I cleared that addition, the citation was in place. But, when I tried
to compile the document it again failed with errors about unicode characters
U+00B0 (the degree symbol) and U+0093 (whatever that is).

In lyx Documents -> Settings -> Language -> Other is set to Unicode (utf8).
Yet there must now be something else that needs to be changed. Any ideas?

Regards,

Rich