LyX-2.3.3: citation issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 11 16:51:49 UTC 2019

I've been exchanging e-mails with Riki about this problem. It's keeping me
from submitting a client report that needs to get out and I hope others can
see a solution.

Context: running lyx-2.3.3 on slackware-14.2/x86_64; kbiblatex-0.7.7 is the
UI to the scientific references database, jabrefdb.bib. There is one
reference in the database that lyx does not insert in the document when I
click the 'send to lyx' link on the kbibtex UI. The lyx document shows this
as ??(??) on the attached lyx-bad-cite.png. FWIW, yesterday I added two tech
report references to kbibtex. The first one lyx accepted from kbibext the
second one is rejected.

When I click on that grey box (or use Insert -> Citation) lyx tells me the
reference is not in the database, but it displays the citation on the right
panel (see attached lyx-citations.png) where it can be deleted but not added
to the full list in the left panel.

Why this one citation is a problem after years of no problems getting
citations from JabRef to lyx (and all the other citations in the current
docuemnt from kbibtex) makes no sense to me.

I'll provide additional information when asked.

Regards,

Rich