texlive 2019 install

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 13:38:12 UTC 2019

On 10/11/19 8:23 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> I think I am getting closer. I installed lyx by using in L Mint in the
> sources.list.d the lyx-devel-releases-bionic.list which puts the stuff
> in /usr/share/tex/texmf with /doc, /fonts, /tex/tex/latex/lyx ...
>
> That is, tex latex .. are already installed.
>
> I do get, however, with my lyx document errors for missing sty files
> and would actually prefer to use texlive and put it in
> /usr/local/texlive/2019
>
> So I guess I have to remove all the tex stuff and install it from my
> DVD texlive anew. What about lyx 2.3.3 which I got the way described
> above. Should I reinstall it here or leave it in /usr/share... ?
>
> Life (not only TeXLive) is complicated and becomes more so with age...
>
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

I'm using TeXLive 2018 on Mint with no problems. I get it from a PPA,
and I see that the maintainer also has TeXLive 2019 available now at
https://launchpad.net/~jonathonf/+archive/ubuntu/texlive-2019. I would
suggest removing all traces of TeXLive, adding the PPA (instructions are
near the top of the page), installing the main packages (the "texlive-"
packages), and then reconfiguring LyX.

Paul