Suddenly, doc won't complie

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 22:24:13 UTC 2019

On 10/10/19 5:19 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I closed kbibtex and loaded JabRef-2.9.2 (which Paul wrote that he
> uses). I
> cannot find a LyX button on that version, nor a menu option.
Actually, I'm running JabRef-2.10, but I don't think that matters. I
don't use that button, but it's there, and it didn't take long to get
working.

Step 1 (in LyX): I went to Tools > Preferences... > Paths and made sure
something was set in the LyXServer pipe entry. It was empty, so I set it
to ~/.lyx/lyxpipe.

Step 2 (in JabRef): I went to Options > Preferences > External programs,
clicked the "LyX Settings" button at the bottom, and confirmed it had
the correct path to the pipe.

Step 3: I restarted both (LyX first), to make sure the pipe was there,
and opened a LyX document.

Step 4: There's a toolbar button in JabRef with a program logo and a
tiny down arrow. For me, it's second from the right on the toolbar. The
icon will match the most recently used external program, and the down
arrow will open the list of external programs and let you pick. So it
might not be displaying a LyX logo, if it defaulted to some other
program. Assuming you can find the button, expand the list and pick LyX.
Then select an entry and click the button, and it should push to your
open document.

HTH,
Paul