Suddenly, doc won't complie

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 10 20:41:32 UTC 2019

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019, Steve Litt wrote:

> For all my significant documents, rather than letting LyX compile them, I
> use a shellscript that calls pdflatex (or lualatex) and runs all the
> conversion programs and index programs and bibliography programs etc. That
> way, if something in my LyX configuration changes, it won't scuttle my
> document production, which of course is important when you sell
> personalized eBooks.

Steve,

Your needs are quite different from mine. Once I have an acceptable document
it's done.

I was thinking of compiling to .tex, modifying the bibliography dashes in
page numbers (which apparently is the issue between lyx and kbibtex for some
reason), then running it through again to produce the desired .pdf.

But, if lyx automatically uses utf8, and so does kbibtex I need to find why
they can't politely talk to each other.

Regards,

Rich