Suddenly, doc won't complie

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 10 17:06:20 UTC 2019

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

> The use of kbibtex is the problem, I suspect. (Sorry.) The default
> settings save LaTeX constructs such as '--' as the Unicode equivalents (in
> that case, an en-dash). You can see this in the file itself. To stop
> kbibtex from doing that, you have to set the file encoding in kbibtex
> itself, which you can do in the 'file settings' pane on the left when you
> have the file open. Unless you have backups, you'll need to change all the
> en-dashes back to --, etc. Alternatively, you can change the encoding of
> the LyX file itself to Unicode (which maybe you want to do anyway).

Riki,

On all my hosts locale is set to "en_US.UTF-8" and I assumed that text
editors such as emacs and LyX used that setting. If not, please point me to
where I can change file encodings to that as a default.

In Settings -> Fonts would I make "en_US.UTF-8" a custom font? I didn't see
another setting area that looks likely.

Regards,

Rich