[lyx-users] Alternatives to JabRef?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 9 16:05:25 UTC 2019

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

> To jump in late, I switched to kbibtex a while back because of
> frustrations with JabRef. It has its own shortcomings, but it's usable.

Riki,

I've used JabRef for years, like the UI, and know how to use it effectively.
Since I'm not a fulltime researcher I don't scrape databases for entries in
my areas of interest and stuff them in the reference database. This seems to
be the focus of most JabRef users (perhaps all scientific reference database
users) so pre-4.x versions of JabRef fill all my needs ... when they load
and work properly.

Thanks for the suggestion of kbibtex. I can run KDE and Gnome applications
on my Slackware hosts using Xfce4 so it remains an option.

Best regards,

Rich