[lyx-users] Alternatives to JabRef?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 4 21:38:31 UTC 2019

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019, John Kane wrote:

> I'm not sure if this actually address is your problem but there is an
> interesting give me a graphic system called Zotero that can be paired up
> with Lyx. https://www.zotero.org/. In many ways it offered a great deal
> more than something like JabRef and from my Limited experiments you should
> be able to import a JabReb file into with no problem, well not too many
> problems anyway.

John,

Yes, I saw references to Zotero. My impression from the description on the
wiki page is that Zotero is a web-based application hosted elsewhere. I
prefer to keep my data locally, and JabRef-3.8.2 still works great on the
64-bit desktop and does what I need it to do. Another benefit: I've been
using JabRef for more than a decade so I'm very familiar with it.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rich