[lyx-users] Alternatives to JabRef?

John Kane jrkrideau at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 20:44:38 UTC 2019

I'm not sure if this actually address is your problem but there is an
interesting give me a graphic system called Zotero that can be paired
up with Lyx. https://www.zotero.org/. In many ways it offered a great
deal more than something like JabRef  and from my Limited experiments
you should be able to import a JabReb file into with no problem, well
not too many problems anyway.

It probably is worth checking out.

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 at 13:27, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2019, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > This is not responsive to your question, but have you notified the people
> > at JabRef? The change you describe is absolutely unacceptable, and if they
> > don't change it back, they're just another worthless project. By working
> > with them, it's possible that either:
>
> Steve,
>
> Yep.
>
> > 1) They'll fix this horrible change
> > 2) They'll tell you a workaround.
>
> It appears that most changes since 3.8.2 focus on the needs of full-time
> researchers who mine on-line scientific databases for the most current
> research in their fields. My needs as an environmental consultant are quite
> different: I search for additional references on specific project needs when
> I want more perspectives that what I already have here.
>
> I know that the JabRef devs are aware of issues with 5.0.0 and will work to
> resolve them. That the highlight-and-paste issue was present in 4.x, too,
> suggests that's not how most JabRef users work with the application. How I
> use JabRef might well be an outlier in the user community.
>
> What I did was copy JabRef-3.8.2 from my 32-bit desktop to the 64-bit
> replacement (Real Soon Now!) and I'm using that. It works just fine and
> meets all my needs so perhaps I'll never have a reason to upgrade. I do try
> to keep current with applications on which I depend for my business yet if
> JabRef is an exception, so be it. :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
> --