[lyx-users] Alternatives to JabRef?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Oct 4 17:10:38 UTC 2019

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 08:51:48 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> For years I've used JabRef to manage my scientific references. The two
> latest versions, 4.3.1 and 5.0.0 don't allow me to highlight text in
> a PDF file and paste it in a JabRef data entry field. This behavior
> is not acceptable to me; I don't want to type long abstracts by hand
> when highlighting and pasting used to work very well. The JabRef
> website does not have access to older versions.

This is not responsive to your question, but have you notified the
people at JabRef? The change you describe is absolutely unacceptable,
and if they don't change it back, they're just another worthless
project. By working with them, it's possible that either:

1) They'll fix this horrible change
2) They'll tell you a workaround.

SteveT

Steve Litt