Bibliography

Wolfgang Engelmann engelmann at uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Mar 27 13:40:49 UTC 2021

Am 27.03.21 um 13:38 schrieb Rich Shepard:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I explained badly: I have two relatively large bib files. The
>> first one contains (among many others) most of the needed references for
>> my book. The second one (among many others) those which are missing in
>> the
>> first one. I would like to get those into my document. But I do not want
>> to have any references of the first one to be replaced by the same
>> references in the second bib file.
>
> Wolfgang,
>
> What tool do you use to manage your references?
>
> Why do you have multiple bibliographies?
>
> Here, I use JabRef for all my references (981 of 'em). When I want to cite
> one in a document (such as the book I'm writing), I select it and use
> JabRef's external link to insert the citation in the text and the full
> reference in the bibliography.
>
> Would something like this work for you?
>
> Rich

Jabref, like you, Rich.

The bib files are from different jobs/books.

Most of them are placed already in the lyx document. The sizes of the
bib files are 2.2 and 5.4 MB.

I want to use only the one inserted by using the aux file (I use the
.tar.gz file, which would include also the bib files, to share it with a
colleague working on the book too).

To avoid trimming them (the first bib is trimmed)

I wanted to know, whether the references of the first bib are not partly
replaced by the untrimmed of the second (trimmed means e.g. no
abstracts, etc)

Wolfgang