Using Lyx with git (instead of RCS)

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Wed Mar 3 16:44:04 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 05:27:39PM +0100, Robert Neumann wrote:
> >> (-is there a way to have the version-control-menue showed permanently, I have to activate it manually everytime
> > I do not understand this question. You mean toolbar?
> yes of course, sorry for the incorrect description???

I do not experience your problem. The toolbars might get reset once upon a time
(for example if you are upgrading to a newer version of lyx) but generally
stay set consistently across sessions (linux here).

If you
1) close all your lyx sessions
2) open new one and set toolbars acccording to your needs
3) close session
4) open new session again the toolbar is lost?

Please keep post on lyx-users list.