Setting LyX window font size [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 27 20:21:20 UTC 2021

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

> I'm not sure about Slackware, but on Mint (and Ubuntu) there is a utility
> named qt5ct (Qt5 Configuration Tool). On Mint (and presumably Ubuntu) it's
> available from the system menu by searching "qt5". If you install it and run
> it, you should get a simple GUI interface that lets you set all sorts of
> things. In the Fonts tab, click the ellipsis next to "General", leave the
> font selection alone but switch the font style to "Regular", pick a larger
> font size, click OK and then (back in the main window) Apply. You should see
> the font in the LyX menus change immediately (no restart required). There's a
> caveat: this will apply to all Qt5 apps (including the configuration tool),
> not just LyX.

Thanks, Paul! I had not installed that package from SBo; it's building now.

I kept looking in /etc/, ~/.config, and other places but found nothing
relevant.

> If you want larger toolbar icons in LyX, that's handled from within LyX.
> Right click in any empty space on any toolbar and, at the bottom of the
> context menu, pick your preferred icon size.

The pictures I can easily see and recognize; it's the words that need
enlarging to accomodate the many miles logged by my eyeballs.

Stay well,

Rich