Please make LyX native language well formed and valid XML

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Wed Jan 20 12:33:41 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 03:23:37AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> Even if the Docbook exporter were perfectly semantic and kept styles
> intact, unlike the HTML exporter, Docbook is just a lillypad in the
> middle of the stream, and to reach LaTeX, PDF, HTML or ePub, I'd need to
> use the infamous black box Pandoc. Yuck!

I did not push you to use pandoc. You wanted something more xml-based
for home-baked conversions of the document. Docbook might help and it
would be more helpful to give some feedback than offer scathing
metaphores for dev(s) who made that happen.

.xml based format of lyx is not going to happen for 2.4.