Adding an environment to the drop down menu

Anthony Macks anthonymacks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 04:14:48 UTC 2021

Dear LyX users,

I have created a new environment by adding the following to my preamble.

\newcounter{YourTurn}[section]
\newenvironment{YourTurn}[1][]{\refstepcounter{YourTurn}\par\medskip
     \noindent \color{green}\textbf{Your Turn ~\theYourTurn. #1}
\rmfamily\color{black}}{\medskip}

I would like to add this environment to the drop down list in the menu.

I know I have to edit a .layout file, but I am unsure as to what to do.

I am using LyX 2.3.5.2 on a surface probook running windows 10.