picture environment

Joe Babb jsbabb52 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 17:56:35 UTC 2021

Thanks for all the recommendations.  For what I want to do at this time,
which is very simple, I think the picture environment will work okay.
I tried the diagrams.net and it was very simple to draw my block diagram,
but when saved as pdf it did not want to import into Lyx.  I saved it as
svg and
looked at in my my Rhino3D drawing program and found it to be huge and had
to scale it way way down.  I think that eventually I'll want to try
Tikz/pgf and I looked into it and realize that there is a learning curve.
So I'll stick with simple for now.  In fact, I think I'm going to go back
to plain old Latex that I used several years ago.  I feel like I can know
what's going on better.
Incidentally, I don't have a good understanding of how this group works so
I hope I'm responding in a good way.  My apologies if not.  I seem to be
getting messages about other issues that I'm not interested in also.
Joe