lyx-users Digest, Vol 67, Issue 2

Christopher Menzel chris.menzel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:47:54 UTC 2021

MacTeX is not itself an application. It is a package that installs the TeX binaries and configuration files, none of which will show up in your Applications directory. (They are mostly in /Library/TeX.) LyX should know where they are and call them (with no input from you) when you try to view or export a document. Try creating and viewing a simple document in LyX.

Chris Menzel