Frame Control in LYX Beamer Slides

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:22:12 UTC 2021

On 2/14/21 3:02 PM, Doug Martin wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 11:03 AM Paul A. Rubin <parubin73 at gmail.com
> <mailto:parubin73 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     That said, the culprit is a setting in the document. If you go to
>     Document > Settings... > Math Options, you will note that the
>     "Indent formulas" option is checked and set to Default. Uncheck it
>     and your centered formulas will center properly.
>

> *Perfect. Many thanks.  Now I know to look around more at the settings.*
> *
> *
> *Doug*

One last comment: When I create a new Beamer document, the "Indent
formulas" box is unchecked by default (as it is with other document
classes I use). So I think there are three possibilities here:

 1. you selected it in this document a while back for some reason (or
    unintentionally -- the dreaded stray click);
 2. you made this document by recycling a previous document or using a
    "template" document, and that document had it selected; or
 3. you somehow wound up with having it selected by default when you
    create a new document.

The third one is easy to check: create a new doc and see if indent is
chosen. I bring this up because you should not have to mess with this in
future documents (unless you want indentation the default in other
docs). If you accidentally have indentation as a document default and
don't want that, just create a new doc of the correct default class
(standard article for me), go to the math options settings and uncheck
indentation, then go to Document Class settings and click "Save as
Document Defaults".

Paul