Frame Control in LYX Beamer Slides

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 19:03:30 UTC 2021

On 2/14/21 1:16 PM, Doug Martin wrote:
> Paul (and all),
>
> Sorry for this partial repeat, as I accidentally sent previous email
> before I was finished:
>
> As for my desire to center equations, I have attached the LYX file and
> the resulting pdf file.
> The last pdf slide shows the left-justification of equations that I am
> getting.
>
> The Beamer theme used in the LaTeX preamble is Madrid.  There is a
> Madrid theme slide deck at
> Paul,
>
> As for my desire to center equations, I have attached the LYX file and
> the resulting pdf file.
> The last pdf slide shows the left-justification of equations that I am
> getting.
>
> The Beamer theme used in the LaTeX preamble is Madrid. For an example
> of the Madrid theme see
> http://homepages.math.uic.edu/~hurder/math589/beamer/index.html, where
> the equations are centered.
> So I guess there are some other things I have to change in the LaTeX
> preamble?  I'm a little bit lost here.
>
> Doug

Doug,

You and I have entirely different ideas of what a minimal example is.
That said, the culprit is a setting in the document. If you go to
Document > Settings... > Math Options, you will note that the "Indent
formulas" option is checked and set to Default. Uncheck it and your
centered formulas will center properly.

Paul