find next?

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:21:05 UTC 2021

On 2/11/21 7:28 PM, David Pesetsky wrote:
> My Macintosh-educated fingers are used to ⌘-G for "find next" (used after using ⌘-F for "find").  Does Lyx have a "find next" function so I can duplicate this?
>
> I may be missing something in plain view, in which case, my apologies for wasting everyone's time — but I'm not finding it.
>
> -David
Cmd-F opens a dialog that stays open while you are searching. With open,
alt+N will do "find next" (as will clicking the Find Next button in the
dialog.

If you want to repeat your last find operation after the dialog has been
closed, there is an LFUN that will do it: word-find. It takes an
argument (the search target), but if you omit the argument it repeats
the last find. Assuming cmd-G is not bound to anything useful in your
setup, you could bind it to word-find.

Paul