Nomenclature with Sections

Wolfgang Engelmann engelmann at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Apr 12 08:06:08 UTC 2021

Am 11.04.21 um 03:23 schrieb Steve Litt:
> Wolfgang Engelmann said on Sat, 10 Apr 2021 09:09:48 +0200
>
>> I would like to have parts of the nomenclature as a separate section,
>
> I know the word "nomenclature" means "a system of names", but what does
> it mean as applied in LyX?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT

If you want to explain words in your document, you use
outline > nomenclature entries
behind the word. It shows the word as a symbol and you add a description
underneath.
I am used to Glossary instead of nomenclature, which you get with

\AtBeginDocument{\def\nomname{Glossary}}
%leads to bold nomenclature title in entries >
\renewcommand{\nomlabel}[1]{\textsf{\textbf{#1}}}
\renewcommand{\nomname}{Glossary
}

in the preamble of > Document

One can also create a part of the nomenclature as a separate section, e.g.
Abbreviations

That is what I am after.

there is a nomenclature manual for latex, but I would like to know for LyX

Perhaps somebody can help me.

Wolfgang