A general layout/ layout-less lyx file

email.ilan at gmail.com email.ilan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 10:38:18 UTC 2020

Hello,

I maintain a file with many macros which I use in all of my projects.
My projects usually differ in their layout (e.g., due to submitting to
different journals) so I commonly get a warning of mismatch between the
layout of the macros file and the layout of the project file.
Even after I silence the pop-up message I see a warning in the LyX log and
it causes the compilation to run much slower.

Is there a way to define the macros file to be layout-less (since it is not
a stand-alone file so I never compile it) or maybe define it to be of a
user-defined layout that will be compatible with any article layout I will
be using (of course, I guess I'll need to manually define and extend this
list of compatible layouts).

Thanks,

Ilan