Problem saving a file [DROPBOX]

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:24:53 UTC 2020

On 9/21/20 5:39 PM, jcredberry at gmail.com wrote:
> Paul, did you see the exclamation signs in the backup folder?
> Julio Rojas
> jcredberry at gmail.com <mailto:jcredberry at gmail.com>

Yes. I assume that this is either LyX or Dropbox naming the backup file
with the full original path (substituting exclamation points for
slashes). It seems to me I've seen other programs do something similar
on Linux using underscores as substitutes for path dividers (slashes).
I've never had either LyX or Dropbox do that to one of my files, but
it's been a long time since I used LyX (or anything else) on Windows.