Problems with LyX

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam at lisse.NA
Mon Oct 12 11:04:43 UTC 2020

Why would one want to do this like that when this works?

	 \documentclass{article}

	 \begin{document}

	 Testing footnotes.  I'm writing something here to
	 test\footnote{First footnote} several features.  Testing the
	 second\footnote{Second footnote} and third\footnote{Third footnote}.

	 \end{document}

Let LyX do the work for you...

Never mind that \footnotemark seems to use a counter which you are not
handling so the below (referencing the last (highest) value would be
expected LaTeX behaviour

el

On 11/10/2020 21:50, Baris Erkus wrote:
> On 09-Oct-20 8:02 PM, Andreas Plihal wrote:
[...]
> Try this in LaTeX and you will see all the footnote numbers are 3.
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
>
>     Testing footnotes.  I'm writing something here to test
>     \footnotemark several features.  Testing the second \footnotemark
>     and third \footnotemark.
>
>     \footnotetext{First footnote}
>     \footnotetext{Second footnote}
>     \footnotetext{Third footnote}
>
> \end{document}
[...]
--
If you want to email me, replace nospam with el