Spellcheck

Baris Erkus bariserkus at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 14 14:43:46 UTC 2020

On 14-Nov-20 4:56 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

> Am 14.11.20 um 14:26 schrieb Baris Erkus:

>>> I found this
>>> https://www.lyx.org/AdditionalSoftware
>>> and it states that enchant calls other spellcheckers.
>>>
>>> So my remaining question is
>>> how do I get a personal spellchecker
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>>
>> You can tell LyX to record the words that will be recognized as
>> correct by "Add to personal dictionary" . These are saved as text
>> files in the personal folder with a name e.g. pwl_english.dict.
> Thanks, Baris.
> I see, by clicking ADD I get the personal spellchecker and can save to
> it.
> But how do I find this one?
> Mind you, I am under Linux (Debian)
> Wolfgang

Does "But how do I find this one?"  mean, you want to find the the
".dict" text file that includes the added words and its location?

Under windows,  the file is located in the user directory, which is
usually located at:

C:\Users\-username\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.3\

Under Linux, I believe it is also in the folder where all the user and
LyX settings are kept. But  Maybe others can help?

Maybe you can do a quick "where" under Linux to find the file?

Hope I got your question correctly.

--
Please bottom-post. Start your reply here: