Re: [Help] Can't get what I want with the enumitem module. Need Help…

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:24:29 UTC 2020

On 11/12/20 7:29 AM, didiergabory at free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The pdf shows the alignment issue which I cannot resolve. I tried to
> understand the doc of the enumitem package but how to say... Not very
> easy...
>
> As you can see the label of the first item, in second level enumerate,
> is shifted to the right ...
>
> I attach a mwe in lyx as well as the generated tex.
>

> Here are the lines entered in the preamble:
>
> \setlist[enumerate]{font=\bfseries}
> \setlist[enumerate,1]{label=\textbf{\emph{Q\,\arabic*.}}, %
> labelwidth=30pt, align=left, labelsep*=2pt,leftmargin=0pt, %
> labelindent=0pt, itemindent=!, listparindent=0pt}
> \setlist[enumerate,2]{label=\emph{\alph*)}, %
> labelwidth=10pt, align=left, labelsep*=2pt,leftmargin=30pt,%
> labelindent=30pt, itemindent=!, listparindent=0pt}
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Didier.

I don't know the correct way to do this, but the attached hack seems to
get the job done. The vertical spacing adjustment (-17pt), which brings
the first item of the inner list onto the same line as the outer list
label, was done by trial and error and may not line up perfectly. There
likely is a better way to get the correct value, but it is (way) beyond
my LaTeX skills.

Paul