LyX: No textclass is found ??

Bernt Lie Bernt.Lie at usn.no
Thu May 28 07:37:39 UTC 2020

I just installed MiXTeX (latest version, I guess) on my new desktop. Next, I installed LyX 2.3.4.4.

When I try to open LyX, I’m told: LyX: No textclass is found

[cid:image001.png at 01D634CA.BB69F590]

As far as I know, I have installed everything the way I used to do.

I notice one difference. On my old computer, MikTeX is given path (System variables):

  *   C:\Program Filex (x86)\MikTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\

while on the new computer, MikTeX is given path (User variables for …):

  *   C:\Users\...AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\

Questions:

  1.  Any reasons for this change in path?
  2.  What can I do to fix the set-up? (Note: during installation of LyX, LyX apparently detected the correct path on the new machine.)

Thanks!
-B