Paths forgotten?

David Mertens mertendc at eckerd.edu
Thu May 7 15:25:26 UTC 2020

Kaplan,

Are you opening this file in LyX from two different operating systems (or
two different machines), synchronized via Dropbox? Otherwise I cannot
fathom any circumstances that LyX would even think to use a Windows-based
path and then a Linux-based path. Maybe running LyX under Cygwin, and then
not under Cygwin?

If you are looking at files using two different operating systems (or
shared across two different computers with different users, so different
absolute paths to files), you can manually enter a relative path to the
figures. LyX will always store that relative path just fine. The only issue
arises if you decide to change the figure file and use the "Browse" button
to find the file. But again, once you have found that file, you can alter
the beginning (absolute) part of the path and replace it with the
appropriate relative path with ".." and the like.

David

--
*David Mertens*
Assistant Professor of Physics

Office Hours can be made by appointment Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10
and 2.

Eckerd College <http://www.eckerd.edu>
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33711