Paths forgotten?

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:23:50 UTC 2020

On 5/5/20 12:11 PM, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Tue, 5 May 2020 11:42:34 -0400
> schrieb UD Kap <ehud.kaplan at gmail.com>:
>
>> Kornel-- I always start the lyx file from the directory where the file is (I simply
>> click on the lyx file in the file manager).
>
> Interesting. Mine file-manager does _not_ start lyx so that the working directory would
> change with the .lyx-file position.
>
> 	Kornel

I'm using LyX 2.3.4.2 on Mint (similar setup to Ehud, although I'm using
Mint 18.3 rather than 19.3 and MATE rather than XFCE), and I confirm
that when I start LyX by double-clicking a .lyx file, the LyX working
directory is the directory where the file lives. I can't reproduce the
problem with graphics paths, though. When I insert a graphic from
outside the working directory, LyX records the absolute path in the .lyx
file.

Paul