<FILE> "Open Recent". How to extend the limit from 50 to 100?

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Sat Jun 20 12:47:13 UTC 2020

Am 20.06.2020 um 08:29 schrieb typist at mac.com:

> Thanks JMarc,
>
> 1. Using LyX Version 2.3.5-1 (2 June 2020), I see that the “Maximum last files” is 50. (Via Preferences -> Look @ Feel -> User Interface.)

Yes, that’s true. It was changed from 20 to 50 on 2016-01-13.

> 2. Where do I find that "there is a hardcoded bound at 100”?

The first hard coded bound is 50 indeed. It’s in the source code in header file src/LyXRC.h line 547 for LyX 2.3.5.

The 2nd upper limit of 100 is in source code file src/Session.cpp line 47 the assignment of absolute_max_last_files.

This is the limit JMarc had in mind, AFAICS.

> 3. Can I access that limit?

You can’t change it without recompile the complete application.

In fact it’s the list of last accessed files. What do you expect? What is the list that you requires? In your first mail you wrote:

> I’d like to review the last 100 files that I’ve opened.

Indeed this list is stored in the file "~/Library/Application Support/LyX-2.3/session“

You may fill it yourself if you know how to do it. The first two lines of this file are:

## Automatically generated lyx session file
## Editing this file manually may cause lyx to crash.

So, you’re warned …

Stephan