FW: Problems using Bibtex with lyx.

Mike Reeks mike.reeks at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 20 12:31:31 UTC 2020

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.Mike

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 2:18 pm, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.NA> wrote:

Mike,

I am an elderly Gynecologist myself (and (have to) use Windows10 for the
practice management software (of course in a VirtualBox window on a
Mac)) :-)-O and I can tell you even my mother could switch from Windows
to the Mac :-)-O.

And, as a matter of fact, she did :-)-O

I like to bleed on the edge so I update LyX the day I become aware of
it for myself but have it on a package manager (called homebrew) on the
boxes I "support".

The only small issue is one needs to reinstall MacTeX once a year.

I have a script for this which I run on all my own and supported
machines.  The script doesn't even install the full version of MacTeX,
only the smaller BasicTeX after saving all packages installed and then
pulling the additional ones afterwards saving a few Gigs (even though
disk space is cheap these days).

Once a month one runs the TeX Live Manager from the command line or
tlcockpit (a java app) and the updates are done.

Totally painless.

greetings, el