FW: Problems using Bibtex with lyx.

Mike Reeks mike.reeks at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 11:45:04 UTC 2020

Dear EberhardCould u  be a little more respectful in your criticism and observations. I had been using  lyx 2.2  version successfully in my review article. So the bibtex and referencing worked perfectly as wells as the nomenclature listing. Furthermore my version of lyx is tolerant of spaces in flienames etc. It is only the recent  version that doesn’t accept spaces.   I am aware of errors in formatting references  in the bibtex file which stops the conversion. Now for some unknown reason the conversion to pdf file works but doesn’t contain the reference list. What has happened to my Miktex without my doing anything whatsoever? It turns out that Miktex gets up dated without the user knowing and that’s what might happened. Many thanks for your comments and observations. It is much appreciated. I will cary  on with review article using my prest version of lyx .  There is not much to be done. Then I will reinstall Miktex and download the most recent version of Lyx. I will keep you informed of progress.
Best regardsMichael ReeksProf Michael Reeks FinstP FAPS Professor Emerius of Fluid MechanicsUniversity of Newcastle Visiting Professor Dept of AeronauticsImperial College

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone