Intermediate .tex file during 'Convert' differs from manual export, causes problems

Alexander lyx at jalsti.de
Thu Jun 11 10:59:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 12:30:19 +0200
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes at lyx.org> wrote:

> Le 11/06/2020 à 12:28, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
> > Am Donnerstag, den 11.06.2020, 11:50 +0200 schrieb Alexander:
> >> The intermediate .tex temp file created by LyX, during exporting to
> >> markdown, has the two lines
> >> --
> >> \begin{lstlisting}%
> >> [language=Python]
> >> --
> >> which in the final markdown file look like
> >> --
> >>      %
> >>      [language=Python]
> >
> > Since this is perfectly valid LaTeX it strikes me a pandoc bug. I
> > suggest you file a report at https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues
> >
> > As for the export, you could add an intermediate script that
> > transfers
> >
> > }%
> > [

> > }[
>
> Or maybe even remove traces of "%\n" ?
>
> JMarc

Thx for first suggestions, but isn't the real point, that LyX does
different .tex exports, depending on if it is an intermediate temporary
file, or manually done?
Shouldn't it be always the same, or shouldn't there at least be a
possibility to force the one or other option?

Working around (IMHO) weird LyX behavior with additional scripts does
not really sound like the way to achieve the normal result, in my view…
If I only new at least which kind of .tex export mode LyX uses for
intermediate files, I would at least know where to try more tuning of
its behavior.

Alexander