LyX 2.3.5

Bernt Lie Bernt.Lie at usn.no
Wed Jun 10 10:05:48 UTC 2020

Hm… here is what I did:

  1.  I first installed MikTeX to the default path that it suggested, and used my private path for LyX. No success.
  2.  Next, I deleted LyX, and tried to re-install it to the default path. But the default path never showed up; no matter whether I deleted every file related to LyX, it still stuck to the original path that I had defined.
  3.  I then entered “regedit”. I deleted every mention of LyX in various forms from “regedit”.
  4.  Next, I tried to reinstall LyX. Now it suggested a default path. I installed LyX to this default path.
  5.  Now, it seems to work.

In summary: LyX doesn’t properly clean up the registry when I uninstall it.

Another observation…

  *   Before I deleted the registry elements and installed LyX to my private directory, installation of LyX took some one hour or something.
  *   After I deleted elements from “regedit”, the installation took a couple of minutes.

-B