LyX 2.3.5

Bernt Lie Bernt.Lie at usn.no
Wed Jun 10 07:58:11 UTC 2020

So… I have uninstalled both MikTeX and LyX, and try to re-install them.

With MikTeX, I do the following:

  1.  Choose to install it under directory “C:\\Program_Files\MikTeX\MikTeX_2_9” instead of the default location (“…\AppData\Local\Programs\MikTeX 2.9\”)
  2.  Settings: Preferred paper size – A4, Install missing pagackages on-the-fly: Yes
  3.  After MikTeX has installed packages, I check for updates. There were 8 updates, which I installed from “A random package repository on the internet”.

Next, I install LyX 2.3.5:

  1.  I install LyX in directory “C:\Program_Files\LyX\LyX_2_3”
  2.  The LyX installer finds MikTeX at “C:\Program_Files\MikTeX\MikTeX_2_9\miktex\bin\x64”.

  1.  LyX takes some time to install, and downloads some missing packages:

[cid:image002.png at 01D63F08.59DF8F40]

  1.  When LyX has been installed, I try to open a template. Result:

[cid:image003.png at 01D63F0C.2F248BD0]

I do a search for file IEEEtran.cls, and it is there:
[cid:image004.png at 01D63F0D.8FA7C570]

Questions:

  1.  Why doesn’t LyX find this file?
  2.  Is the problem that I have not chosen the default installation path of LyX and/or MikTeX?

BR,
-B