Can't upgrade LyX on Focal Fossa

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 16:19:19 UTC 2020

On 7/12/20 5:08 AM, Kees Zeelenberg wrote:
> Op 12-07-2020 om 00:06 schreef Paul A. Rubin:
>>
>> Is anybody else having problems upgrading to 2.3.5.1 for Focal via
>> the PPA?
>>
> In the right-hand corner of the ppa-page
> (https://launchpad.net/~lyx-devel/+archive/ubuntu/release) you see
> that the amd64 version, which you probably want to install, failed to
> build. So there is no update, and Synaptic etc correctly see this.
Thanks Kees. I initially thought that message was out of date, since I
knew it had built for bionic (based on having installed it on Mint 19).
After seeing your message, I clicked the information button in the upper
right (I guess there really is a first time for everything) and got the
expanded grid, which shows that it failed for Focal (only).

Paul