LyX layouts for IEEE Open Journals

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Tue Dec 22 16:34:48 UTC 2020

On 12/22/20 4:58 AM, list_email at icloud.com wrote:
> The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has a series of new ‘open” journals which use a different Tex format than other IEEE journals.
>
> A superficial inspection shows that the main difference is that the abstract and index terms span the entire width of the page whereas the traditional format confines those elements to a column width in the two-column format.
>
> Does anyone know of a LyX layout or template for IEEE open journals?
>
> The IEEE LaTex templates are a few clicks away from this text, "IEEE article templates,” on this page: https://journals.ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-journal-article/authoring-tools-and-templates/

I do not know, but here's an easy experiment: Copy the IEEEtran.layout
file into your local LyX layout directory (e.g., $HOME/.lyx/layouts/,
for me). Now rename it to whatever the name of the new class file is and
try importing one of their new LaTeX templates. If the changes are as
minor as you suggest, that should just work. Possibly a few small tweaks
will be needed, but someone who actually uses this layout will be best
placed to do that.