Mac Os X 10.10

Dr Eberhard W Lisse nospam at lisse.NA
Thu Dec 10 17:49:06 UTC 2020

Corinna,

it looks as if you do not have TeX installed.

Look for MacTeX at

	https://www.tug.org/mactex/

and if you ask me, download only the Smaller Download from

	https://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html

If you have homebrew installed, do something like

	brew lyx basictex

which will install both.

Once MacTeX is installed you need to run LyX through

	Tools -> Reconfigure

again, so it sees what is available.

Browsing the LyX website and the Wiki will also be helpful.

If you have issues with English email me (and Stephan?)  in German
directly, off list.

greetings, el

<schmieder.corinna at googlemail.com>:

>> The button for the preview is grey as well as the save button and
>> this is the error I get everytime.
>>
>> <Screenshot_20201208-205717_Teams.jpg>
>
> You need to install the engine to typeset LaTeX. The recommended
> package is MacTeX.
>
> Please read the instructions for Mac OS X presented at LyX’s download
> page.
>
> Stephan
[...]