Markdown to Lyx

Andrew Parsloe ajparsloe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:34:02 UTC 2020

On 10/12/2020 4:15 pm, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am trying to find a way to directly import markdown documents in Lyx.
>
> I have created a Markdown file type and a filter Markdown->Latex using a pandoc command for the conversion:
>                   pandoc -f markdown_mmd -t latex   -o $$o $$I
> But Lyx does not include this type in the import menu.
> What am I missing?
> How can I do this?
> Is this possible?
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Murat

Have you created a Markdown file format in LyX,

Tools > Preferences > File Handling > File Formats

ensuring the Document format checkbox is set? The name you use for the
format will then appear in the lists showing in the From format: and To
format: slots in the

Tools > Preferences > File Handling > Converters

dialogue. There are a number of Converter Definitions already from
different formats to LyX format.

Andrew