.configure truncated

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 16:30:32 UTC 2020

On 12/9/20 3:38 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The .configure generated (actually it is the same thing on the shell),
> I get a truncation of the lines, i.e., information are missing
>
> Linux homere 5.9.11-100.fc32.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 24 19:16:53 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> INFO: +checking for document class ltugboat [ltugboat]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class maa-monthly [article]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class memoir [memoir]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class moderncv [moderncv,ebgaramond.sty,fancyhdr.sty,fon
> INFO: +checking for document class mwart [mwart]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class mwbk [mwbk]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class mwrep [mwrep]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class paper [paper]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class powerdot [powerdot,enumitem.sty,hyperref.sty,pstri
> INFO: +checking for document class recipebook [scrbook]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class report [report]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class revtex4-1 [revtex4-1,natbib.sty,revsymb4-1.sty,tex
> INFO: +checking for document class revtex4-2 [revtex4-2,natbib.sty,revsymb4-2.sty,tex
> INFO: +checking for document class revtex4 [revtex4,natbib.sty,revsymb.sty]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class revtex [revtex,revtex.sty]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class sciposter [sciposter,sectionbox.sty,wallpaper.sty]
> INFO: +checking for document class scrartcl [scrartcl]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class scrarticle-beamer [scrartcl,beamerarticle.sty,keyv
> INFO: +checking for document class scrbook [scrbook]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class scrlettr [scrlettr]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class scrlttr2 [scrlttr2]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class scrreprt [scrreprt]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class seminar [seminar,sem-page.sty]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class siamltex [siamltex]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class sigplanconf [sigplanconf,natbib.sty]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class simplecv [simplecv]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class singlecol-new [singlecol-new,amsmath.sty,amssymb.s
> INFO: +checking for document class singlecol [singlecol, natbib.sty]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class slides [slides]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class spie [spie,cite.sty]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class svglobal3 [svjour3,svglov3.clo,natbib.sty]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class svglobal [svjour,svglobal.clo]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class svjog [svjour,svjog.clo,natbib.sty]... yes
> INFO: +checking for document class svmono [svmono]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class svmult [svmult,natbib.sty]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class svprobth [svjour,svprobth.clo]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class tarticle [tarticle,plext.sty]... no
> INFO: +checking for document class tbook [tbook,plext.sty]... no
> [...]
Are you saying that the configuration log file (~/.lyx/configure.log)
has truncated lines? If so, does the LyX installation work correctly, or
are truncated lines causing operation problems.

As far as the output in the shell, is the terminal window in which you
are running the configuration script full screen size? At least on my
systems (Linux Mint), if I run any script in a terminal and the terminal
window is narrower than output lines, what I see in the terminal is
truncated but the actual output is all there (just not accessible to me).

Paul