display of $int...$ under QT5

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Mon Aug 24 16:02:50 UTC 2020

Hi Bernhart,

As you see, I moved the discussion to lyx-devel, please try to keep it
here and I'll try to keep you in Cc:.

Le 19/08/2020 à 14:40, M.B. Schiekel a écrit :
> One year ago I reported here a problem with the display of $int...$ and
> $oint...$ and all the other integrals, see the attached pic.
> After a longer discussion here I found, that the cause of this problem
> was the interaction of LyX with QT5-Qt-5.9.4. Then I compiled LyX with
> QT4 and this workaround was fine for me.
> Now with LyX 2.3.5.2 there is the same problem with QT5-5.12.7 and again

Unfortunately, it is not my failing memory that prevented from fixing
the bug. Since I cannot reproduce it, it is difficult for me to do
something about it.

Let's start by a shot in the dark: does it make a difference to set the
environment variable QT_HARFBUZZ to "old" ?

Even if it does, I suspect it will not be enough for a long-term fix.

Did I understand correctly that you can compile LyX? Does it mean that
you can try a patch too? A possibility is that Qt does not like (ass
Pavel noted) to have a font with a character at position 1 (which is
where \int lives in esint10 font). We would have to duplicate the
character somewhere else in the font.

JMarc