LyX --> markdown

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Tue Aug 11 16:47:13 UTC 2020

On 8/11/20 8:50 AM, Saša Janiška wrote:
> Hello!
>
> More than 20 yrs ago I did a 2-part full-fledged books using
> LyX/LaTeX/xindy and akthough in the meantime I was experimenting with
> several light markups (Asciidoc, rst, markdown..) now I'd čike to write
> all my study notes, articels, blog posts, slide-show
> presentations...using LyX editor, but for the web part I use Tiki CMS
> where I can copy & paste markdown code for the content, so wonder what
> would be recommended way to get from LyX to markdown?

Pandoc can presumably do the Markdown part, either from LaTeX or LyX's
XHTML export. I'd suggest you experiment with both and see what works
best. (I'll guess the latter.)

LyX 2.4.0 will have enhanced DocBook output, so that will become an
option. If you can compile from source, you could test it out now. (I
will probably build a development snapshot at some point, too.)