OSX (Mojave) asks confirmation for opening Lyx

Murat Yildizoglu myildi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 09:22:06 UTC 2020

> Le 7 août 2020 à 14:42, Stephan Witt <st.witt at gmx.net> a écrit :
>
> Am 07.08.2020 um 06:37 schrieb Murat Yildizoglu <myildi at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Each time I open Lyx, OSX asks me to confirm that I want to open it really, after having spent some time to show me a progress bar. This is not a real problem, but a bit of a hassle. Is there an easy way to get rid of this verification each time?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your attention and help.
>>
>> Murat
>
> Hi Murat,
>
> there is a ticket that sounds similar:
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11894
>
> Do you have this problem or another one? What version of LyX you’re using?
> What’s the setting of App-Download of gatekeeper in your security settings?
>
> There is an extended attribute for files in newer OSX versions.
> This can be used to mark applications downloaded from non-Apple sources.
> LyX is not available via AppStore so there is chance it gets marked.
>
> The workaround mentioned in the ticket is wrong. The correct one is IMO:
>
> $ sudo xattr -c -r /Applications/Lyx.app
>
> Use it if your problem matches the description in the ticket.
>
> BR, Stephan

Thank you Stephan,
In my case, it does not say that it is damaged. It just asks again for the authorization for opening it, telling me that it is downloaded from the net.
In my Security tab in Settings, I allow apps downloaded from the Appstore and identified developers. The only other setting available is only App Store .

What is the role of this hidden attribute, should I try the command? If it breaks Lyx how can I inverse it?

Best regards,
Murat