OSX (Mojave) asks confirmation for opening Lyx

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Fri Aug 7 07:42:46 UTC 2020

Am 07.08.2020 um 06:37 schrieb Murat Yildizoglu <myildi at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Each time I open Lyx, OSX asks me to confirm that I want to open it really, after having spent some time to show me a progress bar. This is not a real problem, but a bit of a hassle. Is there an easy way to get rid of this verification each time?
>
> Thank you very much for your attention and help.
>
> Murat

Hi Murat,

there is a ticket that sounds similar:
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11894

Do you have this problem or another one? What version of LyX you’re using?
What’s the setting of App-Download of gatekeeper in your security settings?

There is an extended attribute for files in newer OSX versions.
This can be used to mark applications downloaded from non-Apple sources.
LyX is not available via AppStore so there is chance it gets marked.

The workaround mentioned in the ticket is wrong. The correct one is IMO:

$ sudo xattr -c -r /Applications/Lyx.app

Use it if your problem matches the description in the ticket.

BR, Stephan