Show changes by date

racoon xracoonx at gmx.de
Wed Apr 29 18:56:29 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-29 20:43, Joel Kulesza wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:33 PM Daniel <xracoonx at gmx.de
> <mailto:xracoonx at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am hunting down some encoding error possibly to do with my
>     bibliography which is created via Zotero and Better BibTeX. If I remove
>     the bibliography from my document it works fine. I am unable to
>     create a
>     minimal example because I don't know which entry is causing the
>     problem.
>     Is there a way to show the tracked changes I made by date so I can go
>     through all the changes I made today in order to find the
>     problematic entry?
>

> Do you track the problematic file in version control (e.g., git)?  Is it
> stored on an online service like Dropbox?  If not, I don't have a
> suggestion, but either of those facilities should give some historical
> perspective.
>
> - Joel

Thanks!

Yes, it might be worth trying to check whether a previous version of the
bib file fixes the problem. Sometimes Better BibTeX introduces problem.

As for the documents. Unfortunately there are quite a view documents
involved. Would you recommend downloading the previous version, accept
all changes in the document, and do a diff?

I am actually also using git. But I too rarely create commits. So, that
would be searching for the needle in the haystack, I guess. I need to
get a better commit routine, like once a day.

/Daniel