Compiling LyX in debian buster

John White john at lawquest.com
Thu Apr 16 18:52:49 UTC 2020

bottom post

On Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:42:38 AM PDT F M Salter wrote:
> Hi
>
> Pavel Sanda
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=lyx-users@lists.lyx.org&q=from:%22Pav
> el+Sanda%22> Thu, 16 Apr 2020 07:04:04 -0700
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=lyx-users@lists.lyx.org&q=date:202004
> 16>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 02:24:32PM +0100, F M Salter wrote:
> > I have tried every combination of configuration parameters from the
> > simplest to the most complete without success.
>
> So you did
>
> apt-get build-dep lyx
>
> to start with, right?
>
> Pavel
>

> Pavel,
>     You were absolutely correct.  I had not done that.  Doing that solved
> all my problems. Thank you very much.
> Regards
> Frank Salter

I have marked this email as important as I might need it in the future.

I have used lyx for many years and like Charlie just go  to the Debian (currently
Buster) repository and download it (currently repository has 2.3.2-1).  Works fine
with texlive.  However I keep hearing that the QT people's efforts to monetize QT
may start to give lyx problems.

John