Compiling LyX in debian buster

F M Salter fmsalter at virginmedia.com
Thu Apr 16 13:24:32 UTC 2020

On 16/04/2020 13:16, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 16/04/2020 à 12:36, F M Salter a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>>      I and others have failed to compile lyx in several debian
>> versions over many years -- all because of problems in accessing QT.
>>
>>      At the moment I am trying to compile in buster unsuccessfully.
>> Does any one know what needs to be set in the configuration.
>
> Can you tell us what you do to compile and what error you get ?
>
> JMarc

I have tried every combination of configuration parameters from the
simplest to the most complete without success.  Unfortunately it is very
difficult to imagine what is intended with all the selections allowed by
the configuration file. From my checking of the archive, this has been
true for everyone else using debian. The directories called "qt5" appear
in many strange locations. If you can explain what $QTDIR should refer
to, would setting this environmental variable be sufficient to allow
configuration Regards Frank Salter