No revtex4-2.layout ?

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sun Apr 5 22:50:25 UTC 2020

Am Thu, 2 Apr 2020 16:45:37 -0400
schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>:

> On 4/2/20 2:54 PM, Xaver Gerster wrote:

> >> No one has needed it yet, I suppose. It shouldn't be too hard to create,
> >> simply by starting with the 4.1 file and modifying it as necessary. If
> >> you do this, please post the file, so we can include it in future
> >> releases.
> >>
> >> Riki
> >
> > From your DIY suggestion I understand that as of today revtex4.2
> > articles indeed cannot be edited using LyX. What a pity. Modifying any
> > LyX *.layout file is beyond me.
>
> Probably not. It is very easy to do. It may not even need very much
> modification at all, and we are here to help.
>
> In any event, LyX is user-written software. Nothing happens with LyX
> unless some user does it in their spare time.
>
> Riki

Looks like the old 4.1 layout is still valid also for 4.2.
The only difference is the the use of revtex4.2 class instead of revtex4.1
The attached may be enough ...

Copy the 3 files to your userdir/layouts (on unix most probably ~/.lyx/layouts)
and do a 'Tools->Reconfigure' in lyx.
Restarting lyx, you should be able to use the class.

	Kornel